Thursday, December 16, 2004

Ok, well its been a year since I started this thing, so I figured what better time to pick it up again.

I'm finally done with college, I got a big raise at work and I'm going to Japan next week for the holidays. I've totally changed the way I code, I have now embraced the TDD method whole-heartedly and there is no looking back. Now I feel much more confident when I refactor my code, because I know I can always rerun the unit tests and know for 100% certainty (ok fine, 99.99) if the changes have affected the code in other places. Its pretty nifty really.

Last month I put together an event at work which the entire IT department attended. Bob Martin was the speaker and he blew everyone away. Apollo has a lot of practices that are very thick in red tape, and I really think that Bob has opened some peoples eyes, at least for the moment. I also had a chance to have sushi with Bob the night before, and let me tell ya, the guy is awesome. Well, ok, its 1:27 am, so and I do have a lot of shit to do tomorrow, so I better go sleep now.